COMPUTER SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Vast experience in website deployment, management and programming
- Experience with HTML5, XHTML, CSS and applying W3C standards to optimized web pages
- Propelled personal web sites to number one spot in the organic ranking by Google
- Expert level WordPress and WordPress Multi-User developer
- WordPress plugin and theme author, with thousands of users worldwide
- Proficient in PHP programming with MySql
- Apache/Linux web server experience
- Well versed in DNS management
- Experience with SVN versioning systems managed by Trac
- Dedicated to producing clean and reusable code using object oriented techniques
- Uses XML extensively to produce self updating web sites and programs
- Well versed in the use and functionality of Google Analytics, Adsense and Adwords
- Produced construction manuals using 3D modeling and drafting techniques
- Programs published in various magazines and newsletters
- Able to solve virtually any problem with patience and perseverance
- Taught basic programming classes at Gateway Regional High School
- Work ethic geared toward extensibility, simplicity and functionality
- Excellent relationship with clients, and their preferred support and training tech
- 30 Years experience in computer technology and troubleshooting
- 20 Years experience in graphic design and computer aided drafting
- 7 Years experience in web design using HTML, PHP and WordPress
RELATED SOFTWARE AND LANGUAGES
Programming language proficiency
Adobe Creative Suite
Productive use and experience in: Dreamweaver, Flash, Fireworks, Illustrator, Photoshop, Soundbooth, Encore, and Bridge ~ Cs3 -> Cs5
YouTube, Google Maps, Twitter and numerous other minor application programming interfaces
Computer Aided Drafting
Autocad, Turbocad, Eagle Point, C+G software, Softdesk, LDD and Autocad 3D.
ENGINEERING SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Proven organizational, training and leadership skills
- A lifetime of interest and involvement in mapping and earth sciences
- Praised for exceptional quality of work, reliability and attention to detail
- Vast experience in all forms of land, construction and design surveys
- Possesses excellent situational awareness and the ability to take initiative
- Excels in troubleshooting and finding solutions to survey related problems
- Familiar with many computer aided drafting software programs
- Extensive knowledge of coordinate geometry and manipulation thereof
- Familiar with many data collection systems and survey instruments
- Well versed in the writing of legal descriptions
- Conducted many forms of survey data reduction
- Unparalleled level of personal responsibility and pride
- Personally requested by contractors due to my experience and knowledge
- Ability to go above and beyond the call of duty
- Blunder free survey career
- 20 Years experience in land and construction survey
- 17 Years experience as a survey party chief
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Civil Air Patrol – Westfield, MA – 1985
Trained in map orientation and compass navigation. Taught classes to hundreds of cadets in said techniques in addition to survival and search and rescue training. Obtained years of field experience as a ground team leader for search and rescue operations.
Basic Military Training – Lackland AFB, TX – 1989
Defense Mapping School – Fort Belvoir, VA – 1989
Honor Graduate – Geodetic Survey Course:
Triangulation, traverse, level, gravimetric and astronomic methods, totaling 440 hours.
Community College of the Air Force – FE Warren AFB, WY – 1990
Various job related:
Geodesy, Horizontal/Vertical control, minor repair of optical survey instruments, and operation of gravimeters.
Metropolitan State College, Denver – 1993
Applying the BLM manual to cadastral surveying.
RELATED WORK HISTORY
Owner, Hyperspatial Design Ltd – Fort Collins, CO – 02/09 to present
Small business owner. Create custom websites and programs for clients. Offers green web hosting and domain registrations. Provide technical support and maintenance.
Contractor, A-Train Marketing – Fort Collins, CO – 06/12 to present
Conduct web development, custom programming and website theming. Perform maintenance on many WordPress web sites and projects.
Web Developer, Community Funded – Fort Collins, CO – 02/13 to present
Custom programming for communityfunded.com, including WordPress and PHP development.
Web Programmer – IT, Proven Systems – Fort Collins, CO – 03/12 to 02/13
Produce eNewsletters, conduct web programming and maintain office network and computers.
Web Developer & Programmer, Madwiremedia – Loveland, CO – 10/09 to 3/12
Responsible for all facets related to web design. Create custom websites for clients, manage accounts, solve problems and provide technical support. Presently being considered to manage the custom programming department.
Survey Party Chief, RJL Surveys – Fort Collins, CO – 07/08 to 08/09
Conducted Surveys in the Fort Collins area. Presently involved with the canal importation ponds and outfall drainage improvement project here in Fort Collins. Operates alone on many projects utilizing RTK survey methods.
Senior Survey Party Chief, Civil Arts – Longmont, CO – 04/03 to 07/08
Responsible for boundary control work and large construction projects. Conducted numerous surveys throughout Colorado and New Mexico. Lead field operations at Civil arts for six years.
Survey Party Chief, American West Land Survey – Brighton, CO – 01/99 to 03/00
Completed many lot surveys in the Denver area, conducted research and drafted plats. Worked in conjunction with CDOT to resolve 50 year old boundary issues within the town of Wiggins.
Survey Party Chief, Des Lauriers & Associates – Franklin, MA – 02/98 to 01/99
Completed boundary, Land Court, and GIS mapping surveys. Produced very detailed surveys for the National Park service in Boston as in the Bunker hill monument and the Charlestown Navy yard.
Survey Party Chief, Arrow Land Survey – Tucson, AZ – 04/97 to 02/98
Projects included architectural surveys for custom home layouts, mostly in desert and mountainous locations. Spear-headed the integration of RTK survey systems, for use in all company operations.
Instrument Op/Party Chief, Hall & Associates – Loveland, CO – 01/95 to 04/97
Conducted numerous easement surveys for U.S. West communications. Drafted plats, improvement surveys and improvement location certificates.
Survey Technician, Geodetic Survey Group – Warren AFB, WY – 12/89 to 08/93
Performed precise geodetic surveys in support of the Department of Defense. Executed high order geodetic leveling, 1st order conventional surveys, and supervised gravimetric surveys.
Survey Technician, IAGS – Asuncion, Paraguay – 06/92 to 01/93
Conducted mission planning, organized and led Paraguayan field crews. Completed GPS and conventional surveys in support of the government of Paraguay. Operated in extreme tropical field conditions for months at a time.
Thank you for taking the time to read this resume, please call if you have questions or for references.